Wednesday, June 17, 2009

16-21 of june : Scary week !

This week was full with emotions, but I a m still here, and I finally enjoyed the whole thing.



We have been on Tuesday, to a movie theater, and we saw Talking of Pelham 123, which is a good thriller, the end is kind of disappointing, but the acting of Travolta is very good.

On Wednesday, we tried the climbing wall of the B.U. gym. It was a lot of fun. We had to validate a tiny exam to be able to use the wall (they asked for some nodes and to show some basic techniques of climbing and belaying). I remembered that from climbing in ardeche, and I could show that to the others, we all validated, but Andreas.

On Thursday, something very bad happened, but that's finally OK : I had an accident : I was on a lane, on the left side of a 3 lanes street, my lane was empty and the other lane was full, when a lady decided to change lane. I was very slow so that I could stop before crashing into her side. I am really amazed by how bad her action was, she was close to a traffic light, where you should not change lane (full line on the ground), and she basically turned on me. She stopped and gave me her information. The repairs are around 1300$, and she will write me a 1000$ check (Hopefully because in the very end she was saying that there was no way she did not see me and that I should have been speeding or something). Anyways, if there is any trouble I will work with the insurance, it is more paperwork but she is 100% guilty so it would be OK.
I have been quite shocked by the fact that there is no way to avoid such accident, if people just go on you without watching and if you have no space to avoid them. I think that at least this lady will control with both her back mirrors and turning her head.
After bringing back the motorcycle which is broken somehow, I went climbing, witch a torn knee and a flipped fingernail, but it felt good anyways.
We had a Torilla de patatas evening at home, and I must say that Susana's sister cooks very good tortilla de patatas (even if the one we cooked with Jo was not bad as well :p).

On Friday, we went to the B.U pub, for the one dollar beer thing. The evening, we went to a supposedly great club, in Boston. It was supposed to have 4 floors, a crazy good ambiance and blablabla. It finally happened to be a place with 4 floors, but no ambiance, very bad music and a lot of American laws : no music, no smoking or drinking on the last floor which is the roof...

After a 3 hours night, we went to Montreal (again!) on morning. This city is definitely great, we visited some of the best places in quartier Latin and Vieux Montreal, the Harbor, and plateau Montroyal. The good thing is that as the weather is very bad most of time there, so that people go out a lot as soon as there is some sun. The whole city was alive.




They were preparing for the International Jazz Festival, next week. It seems to huge!
We went on the evening to a bar next to our Hotel (which was in the middle of the quartier latin, the students' neighborhood). This was supposedly a good bar, to think about what to do on sunday and rest. It happened to be a 4 floors dancing/pub with a lot of great easy going Quebecois, and a great ambiance. As we were quite tired, we went back to the hotel around 2am, and it was still open ! and serving ! Wohoo !



On Sunday we went to the Montroyal, to enjoy the nature/city mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment